How to remove deleted games from the home screen on your PS5
Do you have a deleted game's icon still on your PS5's home screen? Learn how to remove deleted games from the home screen on your PlayStation 5.
Restore licenses on a PS5
1. Open settings by selecting the settings (gear) icon in the upper right corner of your screen and pressing the (X) button on your controller.
2. Open Users and Accounts.
3. Select Other.
4. Select Restore Licenses.
5. Press the X button on your controller.
6. Select the Restore button.
7. Press the X button on your controller.
Your PS5 will now restore licenses.
Check if the deleted game icon is still on the home screen. If the game icon is still there, then you'll need to rebuild your PS5's database.
Rebuild database on a PS5
Note: Rebuilding the database will not delete anything.
1. Turn off your PlayStation 5.
2. Press the power button on your PS5 console and hold it for 5 seconds until you hear a second beep.
3. When you get to the “Safe Mode” screen, you connect your PS5 controller to your PS5 console using the USB cable.
4. Press the PS button (PlayStation logo) in the middle of the controller.
5. Select the Clear Cache and Rebuild Database option.
6. Press the X button on your controller.
7. Select the Rebuild Database option.
8. Press the X button on your controller.
Your PS5 will now rebuild the database.
This process will not delete anything.
Problems with your PS5? Or is it slow? Rebuild the database!
How to delete games and apps on the PlayStation 5
How to hide games on your PlayStation 5
How to close games and apps on the PlayStation 5 (2 ways)
How to clear the cache on your PlayStation 5 (PS5)
How to make the battery of your PS5 controller last longer
How to stop your PlayStation 5 from turning on with your TV
PS5 going into rest mode by itself? Here's how to stop it!