PS5 going into rest mode by itself? Here's how to stop it!
Is your PlayStation 5 going into rest mode by itself? This tutorial will show you step by step how to stop it.
In my case, I changed the two “rest mode” settings you'll find in the “Power Saving” settings, but my PS5 was still going into rest mode when watching TV while waiting for my PS5 to download and install two games.
There was still one (not so obvious) setting that I changed to solve my problem.
The following steps will show you the settings you need to change to disable “Rest Mode”.
Stop the PS5 from going into rest mode
1. Open settings.
2. Open System.
3. Open Power Saving.
4. Select Set Time Until PS5 Enters Rest Mode and press the X button on your controller.
5. Select During Media Playback and press the X button.
6. Select Don't Put in Rest Mode and press the X button.
7. Select While Playing Games and press the X button.
8. Select Don't Put in Rest Mode and press the X button.
9. Go back to System settings.
10. Open HDMI settings.
11. Select Enable HDMI Device Link and press the X button to turn this feature off.
12. You can close the settings screen now.
How to stop your PlayStation 5 from turning on with your TV
How to turn off trophy videos and screenshots on the PS5
Problems with your PS5? Or is it slow? Rebuild the database!
How to hide your online status on the PlayStation 5 (4 ways)
How to close games and apps on the PlayStation 5 (2 ways)
How to delete games and apps on the PlayStation 5
How to hide games on your PlayStation 5
How to make the battery of your PS5 controller last longer