Information that this website collects
Like many websites, this website uses Google Analytics to track visitors and measure how users interact with this site.
The following information is collected:
- How many people visit this website
- How people find this website (e.g., via Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc.)
- Which web pages are being visited
- How long people stay on this site's web pages
- Which countries visitors come from (e.g., United States, United Kingdom, The Netherlands, etc.)
- Which devices visitors use (e.g., computer, tablet, smartphone, etc.)
- Which web browsers visitors use (e.g., Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, etc.)
- Which operating systems visitors use (e.g., Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, etc.)
Even though we have access to this information, none of this information personally identifies you to us.
More information about Google Analytics.
How Google uses information from sites or apps that use their services.
Our Google Analytics settings
We enabled IP anonymization in Google Analytics, which means that your full IP address will never be stored.
The IP anonymization or masking takes place as soon as data is received by the Analytics Collection Network before any storage or processing takes place. More information about IP Anonymization.
Data sharing settings
This is where we control how we share our Analytics account data with other Google products and services.
We've disabled all data sharing settings.
- Google products & services: We don't share our Google Analytics data with Google.
- Benchmarking: We don't contribute anonymous data to an aggregate data set to enable features like benchmarking and publications.
- Technical support: We don't let Google technical support representatives access our Google Analytics data and account.
- Account specialists: We don't give Google marketing specialists and Google sales specialists access to our Google Analytics data and account.
- Google sales experts: We don't give Google sales experts access to our data and account.
Other Google Analytics settings
- We've set the user and event data retention to 2 months. This is the retention period for data we send that is associated with cookies, user identifiers, or advertising identifiers.
- We've also enabled “Reset user data on new activity” in the data retention settings.
- We've changed the reporting identity setting from By User-ID and device to By device only.
- Our Google Analytics account is not linking to any other products (e.g., Google Ads).
Why we collect this information
We collect this information to analyze and improve the content of this website.
For example, if we notice that our website is mainly visited by people who use computers with the Microsoft Windows 10 operating system, then we know that we need to write more tips about Windows 10 in the future.
For example, if we find out that your visit to a page on this site is limited to less than 15 seconds, then we know that the information on the page is not what you were looking for, not relevant, or just not good enough. In the future, we can improve that article or change the information.
Like many websites, this website uses advertisements from Google Adsense to earn money to keep this site running and to pay our bills.
If ad personalization is turned on, Google will use your information to make your ads more useful for you.
For example, a website that sells laptops might use Google's ad services. After you visit that site, you could see an ad for laptops on a different website that shows ads served by Google.
If ad personalization is turned off, Google will not collect or use your information to create an ad profile or personalize the ads Google shows to you. You will still see ads, but they may not be as useful.
These cookies contain no information that personally identifies you to Google.
This website displays non-personalized advertisements through the Google AdSense service to our users in the European Economic Area (EEA), UK, and California, United States.
This website may display personalized advertisements through the Google AdSense service to our users in the United States (excluding California) and the rest of the world.
You can opt-out of personalized advertisements if you prefer contextual advertisements (advertisements based on the contents of the page or general geographic location).
How Google uses information from sites or apps that use their services
Google Ad Settings
This website may contain embedded YouTube videos. But we've enabled Privacy Enhanced Mode on all embedded YouTube videos on our website.
Privacy Enhanced Mode allows you to embed YouTube videos without using cookies that track viewing behavior. This means no activity is collected to personalize the viewing experience. Instead, video recommendations are contextual and related to the current video. Videos playing in Privacy Enhanced Mode won't influence the viewer's browsing experience on YouTube.
More information about YouTube's Privacy Enhanced Mode.
This website is hosted on Netlify.
Netlify GDPR and CCPA
This site uses an SSL certificate, so all traffic between this website and your web browser is encrypted and delivered over HTTPS (HTTP Secure).
This site uses Transport Layer Security (TLS) to encrypt and protect email traffic.
If your email service does not support TLS, then you should know that any emails we send or receive may not be protected in transit.
We will never share or sell your email address to any third parties. We will also never send you spam.
This website contains links to other websites.
Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy of other websites.
How to control and delete cookies
You can control and delete cookies as you wish.
You can delete all cookies already stored on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent cookies from being placed.
However, if you do this, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a website and some services and functionalities may not work properly.
For more information about cookies and how to control and delete them, you can visit cookiesandyou.com.
More information about privacy and cookies
How Google uses information from sites or apps that use our services
How Google uses data when you use our partners' sites or apps
Types of cookies used by Google
Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on
Webopedia.com: What are Cookies and What Do Cookies Do?
Lifehacker.com: Fact and Fiction: The Truth About Browser Cookies
HTG Explains: What’s a Browser Cookie?
Cookies & You: What are cookies?