How to hide the Recycle Bin from the desktop in Windows 10
This tutorial will show you step by step how to hide the Recycle Bin icon from your desktop in Windows 10.
How to remove the Recycle Bin icon from the desktop in Windows 10
1. Click on the start menu button.
2. Click on Settings.
3. Click on Personalization.
You can also open the Personalization settings by right-clicking on the desktop and then click on Personalize.
4. In the left menu, you click on Themes.
5. On the right side, under Related Settings, you click on Desktop icon settings.
A “Desktop Icon Settings” window will appear.
6. Uncheck the checkbox next to Recycle Bin.
7. Click on the Apply button at the bottom of the “Desktop Icon Settings” window.
The “Recycle Bin” icon is now hidden from the desktop.
8. Click on the OK button.
9. You can now close the Settings window.
To unhide and show the Recycle Bin icon, you follow the same steps but then check the checkbox next to Recycle Bin.
Alternatively, you can hide all desktop icons by right-clicking on the desktop, moving the mouse cursor on View, and then clicking on Show desktop icons.
Maybe you're also interested in:
How to show, hide, or resize desktop icons in Windows 10
How to remove items from the taskbar in Windows 10
How to pin any folder to the taskbar in Windows 10
How to make the Windows 10 taskbar more or fully transparent
How to change the color of only the taskbar in Windows 10
How to change the location of the Screenshots folder in Windows 10