How to Create a Shortcut of a Batch File & Pin to the Windows Taskbar
This tutorial will show you step by step how to create a shortcut of a batch file (.bat, .cmd or .btm) and pin it as a quick launch to the Windows 7, 8 or 10 taskbar.
What is a Batch File?
A batch file (.cmd, .bat or .btm) or command file is a very simple computer file that contains a command or multiple commands that Windows can execute when you run it.
How to Create a Shortcut of a Batch File
Right-click on the batch file, go to "Send to" and choose "Desktop (create shortcut)".
How to Pin a Shortcut of a Batch File to the Windows Taskbar
1. Right-click on the shortcut of the batch file and choose "Shortcut Properties".
2. Enter the following command at "Target" :
cmd.exe /C "NameOfBatchFile"
(replace NameOfBatchFile with the file name of your batch file)
3. Click on "Apply" to save the target.
4. Click on "OK" to close the window.
5. Drag the shortcut of the batch file to the Microsoft Windows taskbar to create the quick launch icon.