How to Create a Shortcut of a Batch File & Pin to the Windows Taskbar
This tutorial will show you step by step how to create a shortcut of a batch file (.bat, .cmd or .btm) and pin it as a quick launch to the Windows 7, 8 or 10 taskbar.
What is a Batch File?
A batch file (.cmd, .bat or .btm) or command file is a very simple computer file that contains a command or multiple commands that Windows can execute when you run it.
How to Create a Shortcut of a Batch File
- Right-click on the batch file, go to "Send to" and choose "Desktop (create shortcut)".
How to Pin a Shortcut of a Batch File to the Windows Taskbar
- Right-click on the shortcut of the batch file and choose "Shortcut Properties".
- Enter the following command at "Target": cmd.exe /C "here you enter the name of the batch file".
- Click on "Apply" to save the target.
- Click on "OK" to close the window.
- Drag the shortcut of the batch file to the Windows taskbar to create the quick launch icon.