How to remove a password from a PDF file using your browser
This tutorial will show you step by step how to remove a password from a PDF file using your web browser Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, or Brave.
Note: You should know the password of the password-protected PDF file otherwise this will not work.
1. Open your web browser.
2. Drag the password-protected PDF file into your web browser.
You can also right-click on the PDF file > Open with > Firefox or Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge or Brave.
Or, if you've set your web browser as your default PDF viewer, then you can also double-click on the PDF file to open it in your web browser.
Your web browser will now ask you to enter the password of the PDF file.
3. Enter the password.
4. Click on the Submit or OK button, or press [Enter].
5. Click on the print button in the upper right corner of the PDF file.
Or click on the browser's menu button and then click on Print. The menu button consists of three horizontal lines (≡) or three vertically aligned dots (⋮).
Or press the [CTRL] + [P] keys on your keyboard.
A “Print” window will appear.
6. At Destination or Printer, you select Save as PDF or Microsoft Print to PDF.
7. Click on the Save or Print button at the bottom of the window.
A “Save As” window will appear.
8. In this window, you select a location on your computer where you want to save the PDF file.
9. At File name, you enter a name for the PDF file.
10. Click on the Save button.
Your web browser will now save a copy of the PDF file to your computer but without the password protection. You don't need to enter a password to open this PDF file.
Maybe you're also interested in:
How to password protect a PDF file
How to password protect files and folders
How to rearrange pages in a PDF file
How to electronically fill and sign PDF forms and documents
Digital Inspiration: How to remove password from PDF files with Google Chrome
HowToGeek: How to remove a password from a PDF file