How to Merge SRT, IDX or SUB Subtitles with MKV in Seconds
This tutorial will show you step by step how to merge SRT, IDX and SUB subtitles with a MKV movie using the free program MKVToolNix.
MKVToolNix is a small program which allows you to combine SRT, IDX and SUB subtitle files with MKV video files in just seconds.
With this free tool you can also merge multiple subtitle files with a MKV video file.
This tool is made for Windows and Mac OS X computers and you can even download and use the portable version on a USB flash drive or external hard drive.
Maybe you are also interested in:
How to Merge Subtitles with MKV Movies using MKVToolNix
This will embed (hardcode) the subtitles into your MKV movie (video) permanently.
1. Make sure that the subtitle file(s) are placed in the same folder as the MKV video file.
2. The subtitle file(s) must have exactly the same file name as the MKV video file, like:
- Movie 2017.mkv
- Movie 2017.srt
- Movie 2017.sub
- Movie 2017.idx
3. Download MKVToolNix here and install the software on your computer or download the portable version to a usb flash drive or external hard drive. I recommend not using the portable version, but instead install the software on your Windows or Mac OS X computer.
4. Open MKVToolNix.
5. Click on "Add source files" located at the bottom.
6. Go to the location on your computer where the MKV and subtitle file(s) are stored.
7. Select the MKV file and subtitle file(s) (.srt, .sub or .idx) and click on "Open".
8. At "Output file" you can choose a location on your PC where MKVToolNix will save the new MKV video file.
9. Click on "Start muxing" located at the bottom.
MKVToolNix will now merge the SRT, IDX and SUB subtitles with the MKV movie (video) in just seconds.
You May Also Like