How to merge srt, idx or sub subtitles with MKV in seconds
This tutorial will show you step by step how to merge SRT, IDX, and SUB subtitles with an MKV movie using the free program MKVToolNix.
MKVToolNix is a small program that allows you to combine SRT, IDX, and SUB subtitle files with MKV video files in seconds.
With this free tool, you can also merge multiple subtitle files with an MKV video file.
This tool is made for Windows and Mac OS X computers, and you can also download and use the portable version on a USB flash drive or external hard drive.
Maybe you are also interested in:
How to Merge SRT Subtitles with MP4
How to Merge SRT Subtitles with AVI
How to merge subtitles with MKV movies using MKVToolNix
This will permanently embed (hardcode) the subtitles into your MKV movie.
1. Make sure that the subtitle file is in the same folder as the MKV video file.
2. The subtitle file must have the same filename as the MKV video file.
3. Download MKVToolNix here.
MKVToolNix is a set of free tools to create, split, edit, mux, demux, merge, extract, and inspect MKV video files.
You can install MKVToolNix on your computer, or you can use the portable version.
4. Install MKVToolNix on your computer.
Or if you've downloaded the portable version, then you can skip this step.
5. Open MKVToolNix.
6. Click on the + Add source files button at the bottom.
7. Go to the location on your computer where the MKV and subtitle file(s) are.
8. Select the MKV file and subtitle file(s) (.srt, .sub or .idx) and click on Open.
9. At Destination file (located at the bottom), you can view and change the location on your computer where MKVToolNix will save the new MKV video file.
10. Click on the Start multiplexing button at the bottom.
MKVToolNix will now merge the SRT or IDX or SUB subtitles with the MKV video file in a few seconds.
Maybe you're also interested in:
How to remove hardcoded subtitles from MKV video files
How to merge srt subtitles with AVI
How to merge srt subtitles with MP4