How to convert SRT subtitles to SUB and IDX subtitles
This tutorial will show you step by step how to convert SRT subtitles to SUB and IDX subtitles.
SRT (.srt) short for SubRipText is a commonly used text-based subtitle format that contains formatted lines of plain text in groups separated by a blank line.
SUB (.sub) short for VobSub is an image-based subtitle format that contains images extracted from a DVD and IDX (.idx) contains the additional information that belongs to the SUB subtitle format.
For this, we'll be using a free small portable program called AVIAddXSubs (which you even don't need to install).
1. Click here to download AVIAddXSubs.
2. Unzip the downloaded AVIAddXSubs.zip file.
3. Open the AVIAddXSubs folder.
4. Double-click on AVIAddXSubs.exe to open it.
5. Click on Configuration 1 at the top of AVIAddXSubs.
6. Check the Idx/Sub (avi,mkv,mp4) option.
7. Click on Create XSUB or Idx/Sub at the top.
8. At File Name(s) (.avi or .srt or .idx) Or Folder(s)..., you click on the [...] button.
A “Open” window will appear.
9. Within this window, you go to the location on your computer where the SRT subtitle file is.
10. Click on the AVI Files (*.avi) selection menu button and select SRT Files (*.srt).
11. Select the SRT file.
12. Click on the Open button.
13. Click on the Start button at the bottom of the window.
AVIAddXSubs will now convert your SRT subtitle file to SUB and IDX subtitle files.
AVIAddXSubs will save the new subtitle files in the same folder as the SRT subtitle file.
Maybe you're also interested in:
How to merge subtitles with an MP4 video
How to merge subtitles with an MKV video
How to merge subtitles with any video
How to remove hardcoded subtitles from an MKV video