How to disable picture-in-picture on a Samsung phone
This tutorial will show you step by step how to disable picture-in-picture on a Samsung phone.
This tutorial works for all Samsung phones with Android 8, 9, 10, and 11.
The picture-in-picture feature allows you to watch YouTube videos or use Google Maps while using other apps on your smartphone.
Picture-in-picture is a special type of multi-window mode mostly used for video playback. It lets the user watch a video in a small window pinned to a corner of the screen while navigating between apps or browsing content on the main screen.
How to turn off picture-in-picture on a Samsung phone
1. Open your phone's settings.
2. Open Apps.
3. Tap on the ⋮ (3 dots) options button in the top right corner of your phone's screen.
4. Tap on Special access.
5. Tap on Picture-in-picture.
6. Tap on the app you want to disable the picture-in-picture mode for.
7. Tap on the toggle button next to Allow picture-in-picture or Allow permission to turn it off.
Repeat the last two steps for all the applications you want to disable the picture-in-picture mode for.
Maybe you're also interested in:
How to disable device security on a Samsung phone
How to disable Google Assistant on a Samsung phone
How to uninstall “Secure Folder” on a Samsung phone
How to disable the Bixby button on a Samsung phone
How to disable Samsung Free and remove it from the home screen
How to disable “WhatsApp Web is currently active” notification on a Samsung phone