How to Burn a CD or DVD in Windows 10
This tutorial will show you step by step how to burn a CD or DVD in Windows 10 without using any special CD/DVD burning software.
Windows 10 has a built-in disc burning feature which allows you to burn videos, music, pictures and data to a CD or DVD.
Windows 10 Default CD/DVD Burning Function
Windows 10 has like the previous versions of Windows a built-in disc burning function that lets you burn all kinds of files to a CD or DVD without using any third party CD/DVD burning software.
With this function you can burn files to disc, like:
- Music / Audio (MP3, WMA and WAV)
- Movies / Videos (AVI, MP4, MPEG-4, DIVX, WMV, FLV, VIDEO_TS, etc...)
- Images / Pictures (JPG, JPEG, PNG, GIF, etc...)
- Data / Documents (PDF, TXT, DOC, DOCX, ODT, XLS, etc...)
Note! if you want to burn video files like avi, mp4, wmv, etc... to DVD, then you must know that this disc will only play on computers and DVD players that support these video formats. If you wish to burn these video files on a DVD which can be played on any DVD player, then you will have to convert the video files to DVD format first.
Note! if you want to burn audio files like Mp3 to CD, then you must know that this disc will only play on computers and CD/DVD players that support these audio formats. If you wish to burn them on a CD that can be played on every CD/DVD player, then you will have to convert the files to the .cda audio format first.
Burning a CD or DVD in Windows 10
This method works for all file types like audio (music), videos (movies), images (pictures), documents, and other file types.
1. Insert a blank (empty) CD or DVD into the CD/DVD writer of your PC.
2. Go to the location on your computer where the files and/or folders are stored.
3. Select all the files and/or folders.
Two methods for selecting multiple files or folders at once:
- Left-click on the first (top) file or folder, then press on the CTRL + A keys of your keyboard.
- Left-click on the first (top) file or folder, press and hold the "Shift" key on your keyboard and then press and hold the arrow down key ↓ on your keyboard until everything is selected (highlighted).
4. Right-click on the selected files and/or folders, go to "Send to" and then choose your CD/DVD writer ( could be something like DVD RW Drive (D:) or CD RW Drive (E:) ).
Note: if you want to burn VIDEO_TS to DVD, then send the complete VIDEO_TS folder to your CD/DVD-burner.
5. Now a small window will appear and here you can enter a title for your disc at "Disc title".
6. Select "With a CD/DVD player" and click on "Next".
Now the files and/or folders will be copied to your CD/DVD writer and it will open in a new window. If it doesn't open in a new window, then you can find it in "This PC" or in the left-sidebar of "File Explorer".
7. When you're finished copying files and/or folders to your CD/DVD writer, then click on "Drive Tools" (located at the top) and choose "Finish burning".
Windows 10 will now burn your CD or DVD.
You May Also Like