VirtualBox Only Showing 32-bit & NO 64-bit Versions - Simple Fix
Only see 32-bit and no 64-bit versions of operating systems as options while creating a new virtual machine in Oracle's VM VirtualBox?
Even when your host operating system is 64-bit?
Then you are on the right page, because this tutorial will show you in a few simple steps how to solve this problem.
I opened VirtualBox, clicked on 'NEW', entered a name for the virtual machine, choose the type of operating system, but when I wanted to choose a version, I only saw 32-bit versions and NO 64-bit versions as a option.
Fortunately I found a simple solution online and I will share this solution with you.
Note! Your host operating system (OS installed on your PC) must be 64-bit.
I was using a 64-bit version of Microsoft Windows 10 Pro while creating this tutorial.
Simple Fix For The 'VirtualBox Only Showing 32-bit & NO 64-bit Versions' Problem
1. Open the installer you used to install VirtualBox.
If you don't have it anymore, then you will need to download it here.
2. When the setup window appears, click on "Next".
3. Click on the "Repair" icon/image.
4. Click on "Repair" located at the bottom right.
VirtualBox will now be repaired. This will only take a few seconds.
5. When it's finished, click on "Finish" to close the setup wizard.
6. Now you will be asked to restart your computer, so click "Yes" to restart your PC.
That's it. Hopefully this simple solution solved your problem.
You May Also Like