VirtualBox Only Showing 32-bit & NO 64-bit Versions - Simple Fix
Only see 32-bit and no 64-bit versions of operating systems as options while creating a new virtual machine in Oracle's VM VirtualBox?
Even when your host operating system is 64-bit?
Then you are on the right page, because this tutorial will show you in a few simple steps how to solve this problem.
I opened VirtualBox, clicked on 'NEW', entered a name for the virtual machine, choose the type of operating system, but when I wanted to choose a version, I only saw 32-bit versions and NO 64-bit versions as a option.
Fortunately I found a simple solution online and I will share this solution with you.
Note! Your host operating system (OS installed on your PC) must be 64-bit.
I was using a 64-bit version of Windows 10 Pro while creating this tutorial.
Simple Fix For The 'VirtualBox Only Showing 32-bit & NO 64-bit Versions' Problem
- Open the installer you used to install VirtualBox.
- If you don't have it anymore, then you will need to download it here.
- When the setup window appears, click on "Next".
- Click on the "Repair" icon/image.
- Click on "Repair" located at the bottom right.
- VirtualBox will now be repaired. This will only take a few seconds.
- When it's finished, click on "Finish" to close the setup wizard.
- Now you will be asked to restart your computer, so click "Yes" to restart your PC.
That's it. Hopefully this simple solution solved your problem.
You May Also Like