How to scan and read QR codes on a Samsung phone (without app)
This tutorial will show you step by step how to scan and read QR codes on a Samsung phone without using an extra app.
This tutorial works for all Samsung Galaxy phones that have Android 7, 8, 9, and 10.
If your Samsung phone has Android 10, then there's also another simple way to scan and read QR codes with your phone. You can find this method below the first method.
Scan and read QR codes on a Samsung phone with Android 7, 8, 9, and 10
1. Open de Samsung Internet web browser. This browser is pre-installed on every Samsung phone.
2. Tap on the menu button (≡) located in the bottom right corner.
3. Tap on Settings.
4. Tap on Useful features.
5. Tap on the toggle button next to QR code scanner to enable this feature.
6. Go back to the homepage.
7. Tap on the QR code icon located in the top right corner. Note: If you don't see the QR code icon, then tap on the address (URL) bar of the browser.
8. Now you can scan and read the QR code with your phone.
Scan and read QR codes on a Samsung phone with Android 10
1. Slide down the notifications/status bar completely until it almost takes up the full screen of your phone.
2. Tap on Scan QR code.
Note: If you don't see the “Scan QR code” option, then you need to slide down the notifications/status bar, and then swipe to the left.
3. Now you can scan and read the QR code with your phone.
Maybe you're also interested in:
How to uninstall “Secure Folder” on a Samsung Galaxy
How to disable Flipboard Briefing on a Samsung Galaxy (step-by-step)
How to turn off device security on a Samsung Galaxy (Android 7/8/9)
How to disable Google Assistant on a Samsung Galaxy (Android 7/8/9)
How to block a phone number on a Samsung Galaxy (Android 7/8/9)
How to activate the built-in antivirus on a Samsung Galaxy (Android 7/8/9)