How to Delete a User Account on a Playstation 3
Do you have a user account on your Playstation 3 that's no longer in use or needed? Or do you want sell your PS3?
This tutorial will show you step by step how to delete a user account (profile) on your Playstation 3.
Playstation 3 User Accounts
The Sony Playstation 3 is a gaming console that allows you to create user accounts (also called profiles).
If you have more people in your home that like to play video games then everyone can create its own user account with password on the PS3.
When you want to sell your PS3, have a account that's no longer needed, or just want to start a new account, then you might want to delete a user account on your playstation 3.
When you delete a PS3 user account, you will loose saved data, messages, trophies, internet browser bookmarks, history and settings, themes and other information from that account.
How to Delete a User Account on a PS3
1. Turn on your Playstation 3.
2. Only the current user can be deleted, so you will need to log into the user account you want to delete.
3. Press the Δ triangle button of your controller on the icon of the Ps3 user account you want to remove.
Note: Think really good about it before you continue because you will loose saved data, messages, trophies, internet browser bookmarks, history and settings, themes and other information from that account.
4. Press the X button on "Delete".
5. Choose "Yes" to continue.
6. Choose "Yes" again to delete the Playstation 3 user account.