How to copy music from CD to computer on Windows 11
This tutorial will show you step by step how to copy music from a CD to your computer in Windows 11.
After you finish copying the music from your CD to your PC, you can copy the music to an SD card, USB Flash Drive, external hard drive, smartphone, or portable MP3 player.
Copy songs from a CD to your computer in Windows 11
1. Insert the CD you want to rip into the CD/DVD drive of your PC.
2. Click on the Windows start menu button.
3. Type wmp.
4. Click on Windows Media Player.
5. The CD will appear in the left menu of Windows Media Player. If you see it, click on it.
6. Click on Rip settings located in the top menu and above the tracklist of your CD. If you don't see this option, you might need to maximize the Windows Media Player window.
7. Move your mouse cursor (pointer) to Format.
8. Select an audio format (e.g., MP3, WMA, FLAC, WAV). If you want the best quality but still keep the file size of the songs relatively small, then select the FLAC audio format.
9. Click again on Rip settings.
10. Move your mouse cursor (pointer) to Audio Quality.
11. Select a quality (e.g., 256 Kbps, 320 Kbps). You only need to select a quality for the MP3 audio format. 320 Kbps is the best audio quality for the MP3 audio format.
12. You can uncheck the songs you don't want to copy to your PC.
13. Click on Rip CD.
Windows Media Player will now copy music from your CD to your computer.
You will find the CD in the “Music” folder on your PC.
CD and DVD
How to rip an Audio CD in Windows 10 and 11 (4 ways)
How to copy a CD to another CD with only 1 drive (7 easy ways)
How to copy a DVD to your computer in Windows 10 and 11