How to convert MP4 to MP3 using VLC media player (step-by-step)
This tutorial will show you step by step how to convert an MP4 video file to an MP3 audio file using VLC media player.
VLC media player is a free and open-source cross-platform multimedia player for Microsoft Windows, Linux, and macOS. It plays most video and audio files, and it offers a lot of extra features, like, for example, converting videos.
1. Open VLC media player.
2. Click on Media located in the top left corner.
3. Click on Convert / Save.
A “Open Media” window will appear.
4. In this window, you click on the Add button.
A “Select one or multiple files” window will appear.
5. In this window, you go to the location on your computer where the MP4 video file is that you want to convert to MP3.
6. Select the MP4 video file.
7. Click on the Open button.
8. Click on the Convert/Save button at the bottom of the window.
A “Convert” window will appear.
9. At Profile, you click on the selection menu button and select Audio - MP3.
10. Click on the wrench/tool button next to the profile selection menu button.
A “Profile edition” window will appear.
11. Click on Audio codec.
12. Change Bitrate to 320 kb/s.
13. Click on the Save button at the bottom of the window.
14. Click on the Browse button.
A “Save file” window will appear.
15. Within this window, you select a location on your computer where you want to save the new MP3 audio file.
16. At File name, you type a name for the MP3 file.
17. Click on the Save button.
18. When you're ready, you click on the Start button.
VLC media player will now convert your MP4 video file to an MP3 audio file.
You can see the progress at the bottom of VLC.
Maybe you're also interested in:
How to extract audio from video
How to remove sound from a video
How to convert video files
How to convert MKV to MP4 using VLC media player
How to record your computer screen using VLC media player
How to merge srt subtitles with MP4 video files
How to burn any video file to a playable DVD