How to record your computer screen using VLC media player
This tutorial will show you step by step how to record your computer screen using VLC media player in Windows, macOS, and Linux.
VLC media player website
1. Open VLC media player.
2. Click on Media located in the top left corner of VLC.
3. Click on Open Capture Device.
A “Open Media” window will appear.
4. At Capture mode, you select Desktop.
5. At Desired frame rate for the capture, you type or select 25.00 f/s or 30.00 f/s.
6. Click on the ▼ at the right side of the Play button.
7. Click on Convert.
A “Convert” window will appear.
8. At Profile, you select Video - H.264 + MP3 (MP4).
9. At Destination file, you click on the Browse button.
A “Save file” window will appear.
10. Select a location on your computer where you want to save the screen recording.
11. At File name, you type a name for the screen recording.
12. Click on the Save button.
13. When you're ready to record, you click on the Start button.
VLC media player will now record your computer screen.
14. Minimize the VLC media player window by clicking on the [-] button in the top right corner of VLC.
15. To stop recording, you maximize the VLC media player window and click on the stop button.
Maybe you're also interested in:
How to record your computer screen in Windows 10 (free)