How to open a JSON file on Windows 10 and 11 (step by step)
This tutorial will show you step by step how to open a JSON file on Windows 10 and 11.
You don't need an extra third-party program to open JSON files on Windows 10 and 11, but you can use a program that's already installed in Windows 10 or 11.
1. Open File Explorer (Windows Explorer).
2. Within File Explorer, you navigate to the JSON file.
3. Double-click on the JSON file.
4. A small window will appear. Within this window, you click on More apps.
5. Select Notepad. Windows Notepad is a simple text editor for Windows.
6. Make sure the Always use this app to open .json files option is selected.
7. Click on the OK button.
Notepad will now open the JSON file.
If you want a more advanced Notepad, then I recommend Notepad++.