How to move emails from a sender to a folder in Outlook (web)
This tutorial will show you step by step how to automatically move all incoming emails from a specific sender to a folder in the Outlook web app.
The Outlook web app (outlook.com) is a free web-based email client provided by Microsoft that allows you to access your Outlook, Hotmail, or Live email account.
1. First, you will need to create a new folder where you want to receive the emails from that specific sender. To do so, go to the “Folders” section in the left menu and click on New folder. Note: You may need to scroll down in the “Folders” section to see the New folder option.
2. Enter a name for the new folder.
3. Press the [Enter] key on your keyboard.
4. Now it's time to create a rule in Outlook to move all incoming emails from a specific sender to the new folder. To do so, click on the settings icon (gear/cog wheel) in the top right corner.
5. Click on View all Outlook settings at the bottom of the menu.
6. Click on Rules.
7. Click on + Add new rule.
8. Enter a name for the new rule.
9. At Add a condition, you click on the selection menu and select From.
10. Enter an email address in the second field.
11. At Add an action, you click on the selection menu and select Move to.
12. Click on the second selection menu and select a folder (e.g., your new folder, Junk Mail, Archive, etc.).
13. Check (tick) the checkbox next to Run rule now if you want to move all existing older emails that match your rule to the folder.
14. Click on the Save button at the bottom right corner of the window.
All incoming emails from that specific sender will automatically go into the selected folder.