How to move a Hyper-V virtual machine in Windows 10
This tutorial will show you step by step how to move or relocate a Hyper-V virtual machine in Windows 10.
With this method, you can even move a Hyper-V virtual machine while running.
1. Right-click on the virtual machine.
2. Click on Move.
A “Move "" Wizard” window appears.
3. Click on the Next button at the bottom of the window.
4. Click again on the Next button.
5. Select one of the following three options:
- Move all of the virtual machine's data to a single location. This option allows you to specify one location to store all the virtual machine's items.
- Move the virtual machine's data to different locations. This option allows you to specify individual locations for each of the virtual machine's items.
- Move only the virtual machine's virtual hard disks. This option allows you to specify locations to move the virtual machine's virtual hard disks.
6. Click on the Next button.
7. Click on the Browse button.
A “Select Folder” window will appear.
8. Within this window, you go to the location where you want to move the virtual machine.
9. Right-click > New > Folder.
10. Name your folder.
11. Make sure the new folder is selected.
12. Click on the Select Folder button.
13. Click on the Next button.
14. Check the summary.
15. Click on the Finish button at the bottom of the window.
Hyper-V will now move the virtual machine.
Maybe you're also interested in:
How to add a user to the Hyper-V administrators group in Windows 10
More information about Hyper-V:
Microsoft: Hyper-V on Windows 10