How to erase a rewritable CD or DVD in Windows 10
This tutorial will show you step by step how to erase (format) a rewritable CD or DVD in Windows 10 without using any third party software.
1. Insert the CD-RW or DVD-RW you want to erase into the CD/DVD station of your PC.
2. Open File Explorer (Windows Explorer).
3. Go to This PC.
4. Right-click on the CD-RW or DVD-RW and then click on Erase this disc.
A “Burn to Disc” window will appear.
5. Click on the Next button at the bottom right of the window.
Microsoft Windows will now erase your rewritable disc.
6. When the process is complete, you click on the Finish button at the bottom right of the window.
Maybe you're also interested in:
How to burn a CD or DVD in Windows 10
How to rip a CD in Windows 10 using Windows Media Player
How to burn an MP3 CD in Windows 7, 8 and 10