How to delete your Microsoft Edge sync data
This tutorial will show you step by step how to delete your Microsoft Edge sync data (bookmarks, settings, extensions, collections, history, passwords, etc.).
As of now, Microsoft Edge can sync the following data:
- Addresses and other autofill data
- Open tabs
1. Open Microsoft Edge.
2. Type edge://flags in the address bar.
3. Press [Enter].
4. Type enable reset sync in the search bar.
The “Enable reset sync” flag will appear.
Note: If you cannot find the “Enable reset sync” flag, then Microsoft may already have added this feature to the settings of Edge. If that's the case, then you can continue with step 7.
5. Click on the dropdown menu button next to Enable reset sync flag and select Enabled.
6. Click on the Restart button in the bottom right corner.
Microsoft Edge will now restart.
7. Click on the menu button in the upper right corner.
8. Click on Settings.
9. In the Profiles section, you click on Sync.
10. Scroll down to the bottom and click on the Reset sync button.
A “Reset sync” window appears.
11. You can uncheck the Resume sync after resetting sync option if you want.
12. Click on the Reset button.
Microsoft will now delete your Microsoft Edge sync data from its servers, and it will also stop sync and sign you out of Microsoft Edge.
Note: If you get the “Something went wrong. Your browsing sync data couldn't be deleted” error, then try again with the Resume sync after resetting sync option checked.
Maybe you're also interested in:
How to delete your Google Chrome sync data
How to use google.com instead of a local Google in Microsoft Edge
How to view saved passwords in Microsoft Edge
How to export passwords from Microsoft Edge
How to import passwords into Microsoft Edge