How to Convert SRT Subtitles to SUB / IDX Subs in just seconds
This tutorial will show you in a few simple steps how to convert .srt subtitles to .sub and .idx subtitle format in just 2 or 3 seconds using a free program called AVIAddXSubs (which you even don't need to install).
SRT (.srt) short for SubRipText is a commonly used text-based subtitle format that contains formatted lines of plain text in groups separated by a blank line.
SUB (.sub) short for VobSub is a image-based subtitle format that contains images extracted from a DVD and IDX (.idx) contains the additional information that belongs to the SUB subtitle format.
Converting SRT to SUB / IDX Subtitle format
You can download AVIAddXSubs here. You don't need to install this program. You only need to unzip the AVIAddXSub.zip file.
- Open AVIAddXSubs.
- Open the "Configuration 1" tab (located at the top).
- Check "Idx/Sub (avi,mkv,mp4)".
- Open the "Create XSUB or Idx/Sub" tab (located at the top).
- Click on the ... button located at "File Name(s) (.avi or .srt or .idx) Or Folder(s) etc...".
- Go to the location on your computer where the srt subtitle file is stored.
- Click on "AVI Files (*.avi)" and select "SRT Files (*.srt)".
- Select the srt file and click on "Open".
- Click on "Start".
AVIAddXSubs will now convert your .srt subtitle file to .sub and .idx subtitle files in just a few seconds.
The new subtitle files will be saved in the same folder as the srt file.