How to Convert SRT Subtitles to SUB / IDX Subs in just seconds
This tutorial will show you in a few simple steps how to convert .srt subtitles to .sub and .idx subtitle format in just 2 or 3 seconds using a free program called AVIAddXSubs (which you even don't need to install).
SRT (.srt) short for SubRipText is a commonly used text-based subtitle format that contains formatted lines of plain text in groups separated by a blank line.
SUB (.sub) short for VobSub is a image-based subtitle format that contains images extracted from a DVD and IDX (.idx) contains the additional information that belongs to the SUB subtitle format.
Converting SRT to SUB / IDX Subtitle format
You can download AVIAddXSubs here. You don't need to install this program. You only need to unzip the AVIAddXSub.zip file.
1. Open AVIAddXSubs.
2. Open the "Configuration 1" tab (located at the top).
3. Check "Idx/Sub (avi,mkv,mp4)".
4. Open the "Create XSUB or Idx/Sub" tab (located at the top).
5. Click on the [...] button located at "File Name(s) (.avi or .srt or .idx) Or Folder(s) etc...".
6. Go to the location on your computer where the srt subtitle file is stored.
7. Click on "AVI Files (*.avi)" and select "SRT Files (*.srt)".
8. Select the srt file and click on "Open".
9. Click on "Start".
AVIAddXSubs will now convert your .srt subtitle file to .sub and .idx subtitle files in just a few seconds.
The new subtitle files will be saved in the same folder as the srt file.
Maybe you're also interested in: