How to convert srt subtitles to sub/idx subs (fast and easy way)
This tutorial will show you in a few simple steps how to convert .srt subtitles to .sub, and .idx subtitle format in just two or three seconds using a free program called AVIAddXSubs (which you even don't need to install).
SRT (.srt) short for SubRipText is a commonly used text-based subtitle format that contains formatted lines of plain text in groups separated by a blank line.
SUB (.sub) short for VobSub is an image-based subtitle format that contains images extracted from a DVD and IDX (.idx) contains the additional information that belongs to the SUB subtitle format.
Related: How to merge srt subtitles with an AVI file using AVIAddXSubs
Converting srt to sub/idx subtitle format
You can download AVIAddXSubs here.
You don't need to install this program.
You only need to unzip the AVIAddXSub.zip file.
1. Double-click on the AVIAddXSubs.exe file to open AVIAddXSubs.
2. Open the Configuration 1 tab (located at the top).
3. Check Idx/Sub (avi,mkv,mp4).
4. Open the Create XSUB or Idx/Sub tab (located at the top).
5. Click on the three dots button located at File Name(s) (.avi or .srt or .idx) Or Folder(s) etc..
6. Go to the location on your computer where the srt subtitle file is stored.
7. Click on AVI Files (*.avi) and select SRT Files (*.srt).
8. Select the srt file and click on Open.
9. Click on Start.
AVIAddXSubs will now convert your .srt subtitle file to .sub and .idx subtitle files in just a few seconds.
The new subtitle files will be saved in the same folder as the srt file.
Maybe you're also interested in:
How to merge srt subtitles with MP4
How to merge srt subtitles with AVI
How to merge srt, idx or sub subtitles with MKV