How to change your username on Windows 10 & 11 without Microsoft account
This tutorial will show you step by step how to change your username on Windows 10 and Windows 11 without a Microsoft account.
The steps on this page work for local user accounts.
A local user account is an offline account that you use to log in to your Windows 10 or Windows 11 PC.
1. Click on the Windows start menu button or search icon.
2. Type control panel.
3. Click on Control Panel when it appears in the search results.
4. Click on User Accounts.
5. Click again on User Accounts.
6. Click on Change your account name.
Note: If you want to change the username of another account, then click on Manage another account and then select the account you want to edit.
7. If a “User Account Control” window appears, you click on Yes.
8. Enter a new username for the account.
9. Click on Change Name.
That's it. You may need to restart your PC to see the change.
Maybe you're also interested in:
How to change the mouse pointer size and color in Windows 10 and 11
How to rename multiple files at once in Windows 10 and 11
How to change the drive letter of a USB drive in Windows 10 and 11