How to assign a ringtone to a contact on a Samsung phone
This tutorial will show you step by step how to assign a ringtone to a contact on a Samsung phone.
The steps on this page work for all Samsung phones with Android 9, 10 and 11.
How to set a specific ringtone for a contact on a Samsung phone
1. Open the Phone app.
2. Go to Contacts (your contacts list).
You can open your contacts list by tapping on Contacts at the bottom of your smartphone's screen.
3. Tap on the contact for which you want to set a specific ringtone.
4. Tap on the ⓘ (information) icon.
5. Tap on Edit at the bottom of your phone's screen.
6. Scroll down to View more and tap on it.
7. Scroll down to Ringtone and tap on it.
8. If you want to use a standard ringtone for your contact, then tap on one to select it, then tap on the < icon (top left corner), and then continue with the last step of this tutorial.
If you want to assign a song or other audio file (e.g., MP3 file) stored on your smartphone as ringtone to your contact then tap on the + (plus) icon located in the top right corner of your phone's screen.
9. If a “Complete action using” menu appears then tap on Sound picker.
10. Tap on the switch button next to Highlights only to turn this option off.
11. Tap on the song you want to use as ringtone for your contact.
12. Tap on Done located in the top right corner of your phone's screen.
13. Tap on Save located at the bottom right of your phone's screen.
The ringtone is now assigned to your contact.
So now, whenever this contact calls you, you will hear this ringtone.
Maybe you're also interested in:
How to block a phone number on a Samsung phone
How to unblock a blocked phone number on a Samsung phone
YouTube: How to assign a ringtone to a contact on a Samsung phone