Portable WiFi Booster for Laptop
Is your wi-fi signal weak?
Want to boost your wireless signal?
Need a good solution for when you're traveling to places with a bad wifi signal?
Then you will love this cheap but good wifi signal booster for your laptop.
Currently (while I'm writing this review) I'm staying in a apartment building in Bekasi Indonesia and there are only a few wi-fi networks available to connect to.
Two weeks ago when I first connected my laptop to a wifi network here, I almost didn't got any signal.
And for someone who works on websites, this is a problem.
I tried all kinds of things to get a good signal, but the one thing that gave me a little bit better signal was moving a small table with a chair to the balcony door.
But, the problem was, that it wasn't a comfortable working space.
So, I needed to look for a better solution.
Then I found a review on the internet about an affordable wifi signal amplifier.
It was about the TP-LINK TL-WN822N.
I found even more good reviews about the TP-LINK on the internet.
The reviews were good, so I thought to myself, why not try it? it only cost about $19.
So, I bought it.
I placed my laptop on the kitchen table (best place to work in the apartment).
Connected and installed it on my laptop (was very easy to install).
...it worked perfectly.
I did not only got a full signal bar, but found even much more wi-fi networks than before.
I even got a signal from a network from a hotel (Hotel Horison) that's located about 400 meters away. Click here to view the image (opens in a new window).
So, if you are looking for a cheap, but good wifi signal booster, then I recommend the TP-LINK TL-WN822N.
- Connects laptops and deskptop computers to wireless networks via USB
- Speeds up to 300Mbps for lag-free HD streaming and online gaming
- Dual adjustable 3dBi external antennas for superior range and signal stability
- 4.9 ft. USB extension cable for flexible desktop placement
- Easy setup with included installation CD
- One-touch wireless security encryption with WPS button
- Supports Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1
- TP-LINK Live 24/7 technical support for assistance with setup and configuration
You can find more information on tp-link.com
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links on this page are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you decide to purchase the product.