How to View Your Facebook Profile As Someone Else or Public
This tutorial will show you in a few simple steps how to view your Facebook profile as someone else (friends or public).
This way you can see how your timeline looks like to others and test your privacy settings.
Some things you only want to share with a few people or maybe not with a specific person and certainly not to the public, so that's why Facebook has privacy settings.
You might want to test your privacy settings if they're set correctly, and that's why Facebook has also an "View As" option to let you see how your profile looks like to the public or a specific person.
How to See What Your Facebook Profile Looks Like to Others
- Open your profile (timeline).
- Click on the button located next to "View Activity Log".
- Click on "View As...".
- Inside the black bar at the top of the page you can choose "View as Public" or "View as Specific Person".
- If you choose "View as Specific Person", then you will need to enter a name and select that person from the drop-down menu.
- Now you can check if your privacy settings are set correctly.
- Click inside the black bar on exit (X) to close the view.