How to Create & Verify a YouTube Account Without a Phone Number
This tutorial will show you step by step how to create and verify a YouTube account without using your phone number – but by SMS/Text verification using free online services.
YouTube Account Verification
Verifying your account by phone lets you unlock additional features on YouTube.
You might not want to use your own phone number for verification or maybe you don't have a phone number.
Google only allows you to verify two YouTube accounts (channels) per year with your phone number.
So if you want to create more than two accounts (channels) then you will have to use a different method.
Why does YouTube ask for your phone number?
YouTube asks for your phone number to verify your identity and to protect their community from spam and abuse.
Create & Verify a YouTube Account without a Phone Number using Textfree
Textfree Web is a free online service that provides people with a phone number that they can use for free calling and texting.
This service can also be used to verify all kinds of online accounts, such as Google, YouTube, Gmail, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and more.
1. Go to https://textfree.us.
2. Click on "SIGN UP".
3. You will have the following options to sign up:
- By email
4. Log into your account.
Note: When you are logged into your account, you will see your phone number at the top right (e.g. 1 (650) 503-6626). This is the phone number you can use to verify your online account(s).
5. Go to YouTube.
6. Open your YouTube channel.
7. Open YouTube settings.
8. Click at "Additional features" on "View additional features".
9. Click on "Verify".
10. At "Select your country" you will need to choose "United States (US)".
11. Select "Text me the verification code".
12. At "What is your phone number?" you will need to type your Textfree phone number.
Note: You must type the number exactly as in the example below the field on the YouTube verification page.
13. Click on "Submit".
14. A account verification page will open. Don't close this page.
15. Go back to Textfree.
16. Click on the refresh button (2 arrows in a cirkle) to check if you already received the message from YouTube.
It may take awhile for the message to arrive. So be patient and click on the button every few minutes.
17. When you recieved the text message with the verification code, you will need to go back to the YouTube account verification page.
18. Type the 6-digit verification code.
19. Click on "Submit".
Maybe you're also interested in: