How to remove sound from a video using Windows 10 Video Editor
This tutorial will show you step by step how to remove sound (audio) from a video using Windows 10 Video Editor.
Windows 10 has a built-in video editor that works a little bit like Windows Movie Maker. You can use it to perform basic video editing tasks. And you can also use it to delete audio from a video. And how that works, I'll show you in the steps below.
1. Click on the start menu button, and then click on Video Editor.
Alternatively, you can also click on the start menu button, and then click on Photos.
2. Click on New video located in the top right corner.
3. Click on New video project.
A “Name your video” window will appear.
4. Type a name for your new video project.
5. Click on the OK button.
6. Click on the + Add button in the Project library section in top left corner.
7. Click on From this PC.
A small “Open” window will appear.
8. Within the window, you go to the location on your computer where the video file is stored.
9. Select the video file.
10. Click on the Open button.
The Windows 10 video editor will now load your video file.
11. Right-click on the video, and then click on Place in storyboard.
12. In the storyboard section, and on the video thumbnail, you click on the small speaker icon.
13. Click again on the speaker icon to mute the audio.
14. Click on Finish video located in the top right corner of the video editor window.
A “Finish your video” window will appear.
15. Now you can select the quality of the video.
16. Click on the Export button.
A “Save as” window will appear.
17. Select a location on your computer where you want to save the new video file.
18. Click on the Export button.
Windows 10 Video Editor will now export your new video without audio (sound).
Maybe you're also interested in:
How to remove sound from a video
How to extract audio from a video
How to convert MP4 to MP3