How to record your computer screen in Windows 10 (free)
This tutorial will show you step by step how to record your computer screen in Windows 10 for free by using an app that's already built into Windows 10.
How to record your computer screen in Windows 10 using Xbox Game Bar
The Xbox Game Bar is an app that's already built into Microsoft Windows 10, which gives you instant access to widgets for screen capture and sharing and other features.
Related: How to record your computer screen using VLC media player
1. First, we'll need to change a few settings. To do so, open Settings.
2. Within the settings window, you click on Gaming.
Tip! Now you will see a few keyboard shortcut keys. One important shortcut key is the Win+G. This shortcut key will open the Game bar. Another handy shortcut key is the Win+Alt+R. This shortcut key will start or stop the recording.
3. In the left menu, you click on Captures.
Tip! At the top of the “Captures” settings page, you can see the location on your PC where Windows 10 will save the screen recordings.
4. At Record this, you have the option to change the maximum recording length. You can set this to up to 4 hours.
5. At Recorded audio, you can disable the option to record audio if you want.
6. You can also enable the option to record your microphone.
7. You also have the option to set the audio quality. 192kbps is the best audio quality available in the settings.
8. At Recorded video, you can set the video frame rate. If you're going to play and record a video game, you might want to set the video frame rate to 60 fps. It will probably look smoother. But if you're just going to record your computer screen, like, for example, a browser window, you can set it to 30 fps, and it will still look good!
9. You also have the option to set the video quality. I would set the video quality to High.
10. The last option you have is to capture mouse cursor. If you want to capture mouse cursor in your screen recordings, then you can leave this option checked, otherwise, uncheck this option.
11. You can now close the settings window.
Now it's time to start your screen recording.
12. On your keyboard, you press the [Windows] + [G] key.
This will open the Xbox game bar.
13. Within the Capture window, you click on the record button.
Note: If you don't see the Capture window, then click on capture button in the Game bar.
You can also press the [Windows] + [Alt] + [R] keys on your keyboard to start recording your computer screen.
The Windows 10 Game bar will now record your computer screen.
14. To stop recording, you click on the stop button.
You can also press the [Windows] + [Alt] + [R] keys on your keyboard to stop recording.
You can find the screen recording in Videos > Captures.
Maybe you're also interested in:
How to record your computer screen using VLC media player