How to open (unzip) a RAR file on Windows 11 (step by step)
This tutorial will show you step by step how to open (unzip) a RAR file on Windows 11.
RAR is a proprietary archive file format that supports data compression, error correction and file spanning. A RAR file may contain one or more files or folders that may have been compressed.
1. Open your web browser.
2. Go to 7-zip.org.
3. Download 7-Zip. 7-Zip is a well-known free and open-source program. 7-Zip can extract (open) RAR files, but you cannot create RAR files with 7-Zip.
4. Open the 7-Zip installation file you've just downloaded.
5. If a “User Account Control” window appears, you click Yes.
An installation window will open.
6. Click on Install.
The installer will now install 7-Zip on your PC.
7. When the installation is complete, you click on Close.
8. You can close your web browser now.
9. Open File Explorer.
10. Go to the RAR file you want to open.
11. Right-click on the RAR file.
12. Click on Show more options.
13. Move your mouse cursor (pointer) to 7-Zip.
14. Click on Extract Here or Extract to "...".
7-Zip will unzip the RAR file.
If you like this article, you can buy me a coffee.
Read more articles about Windows, 7-Zip
How to open (unzip) a ZIP file on Windows 11 (step by step)
How to open (unzip) a 7z file on Windows 11 (step by step)
Create a password-protected ZIP file in Windows 11 with 7-Zip
How to make a ZIP file on Windows 11 (step by step)
How to create a RAR file in Windows 11 (step by step)