How to merge subtitles with any video permanently (fast & easy way)
This tutorial will show you step by step how to merge subtitles with any video permanently in Windows 10.
This works for MP4, MKV, AVI, and other video files.
How to merge subtitles with any video permanently using MKVToolNix
MKVToolNix is available as an installer and as a portable 7zip archive.
You can download MKVToolNix for Windows here.
Note: If you've downloaded the portable version of MKVToolNix, then you will need to unzip the .7z file first. You can use 7-Zip for this.
1. Make sure that the subtitle file is in the same folder as the video file.
2. Make sure that the subtitle file has the same filename as the video file (e.g., Movie.mp4 and Movie.srt).
3. Open MKVToolNix (mkvtoolnix-gui.exe or mkvtoolnix-gui).
4. Click on the + Add source files button at the bottom of MKVToolNix.
A “Add media files” window will open.
5. Go to the location on your computer where the subtitle file and video file are.
6. Select the subtitle file and video file.
7. Click on the Open button.
8. At Destination file located at the bottom, you can see and change the location on your computer where MKVToolNix will save the new video file.
9. When you're ready, you click on the Start multiplexing button at the bottom.
MKVToolNix will now merge the subtitles with the video file permanently.
This process will only take a minute or so to complete.
You can see the progress in the bottom right corner of MKVToolNix.
The result will be an MKV video file.
Maybe you're also interested in:
How to merge subtitles with an MP4 video permanently
How to merge subtitles with an MKV video permanently
How to merge subtitles with an AVI video permanently
How to remove hardcoded subtitles from an MKV video