How to find your Wi-Fi password on Windows 10
This tutorial will show you step by step how to find and retrieve a Wi-Fi password on Windows 10.
On this page, you will find two methods for retrieving a Wi-Fi password.
How to find your Wi-Fi password in Windows 10
1. Right-click on the wireless network icon located in the system tray and then click on Open Network & Internet settings.
2. Scroll down and click on Network and Sharing Center.
You can also open Windows 10 settings > Network & Internet > scroll down and click on Network and Sharing Center.
3. Click on the name of the current Wi-Fi connection.
4. Click on Wireless Properties.
5. Click on the Security tab.
6. Under Network security key, you check the Show characters option.
Windows 10 will now show you the password.
How to find your Wi-Fi password in Windows 10 using CMD
1. Right-click on the Windows start menu button and then click on Command Prompt (Admin).
You can also type cmd in the search box, right-click on Command Prompt and then click on Run as administrator.
2. When a User Account Control window appears, you click on the Yes button.
3. Type (or copy and paste) the following command:
netsh wlan show profile name=MyNetworkName key=clear | findstr Key
Note: You will need to replace MyNetworkName with the name of your wireless network.
4. Press the Enter key on your keyboard.
The password of the Wi-Fi network will appear at Key Content.
How to find your Wi-Fi password in Windows 11
How to see the password of a connected Wi-Fi network on Android