How to find your wifi password on Windows 10
This tutorial will show you step by step how to find and retrieve a Wi-Fi password on Windows 10.
On this page, you will find two methods for retrieving a Wi-Fi password.
How to find your wifi password in Windows 10 using CMD
1. Right-click on the Windows start menu button and then click on Command Prompt (Admin).
You can also type cmd in the search box, right-click on Command Prompt and then click on Run as administrator.
2. When a User Account Control window appears, you click on the Yes button.
3. Type (or copy and paste) the following command:
netsh wlan show profile name=MyNetworkName key=clear | findstr Key
Note: You will need to replace MyNetworkName with the name of your wireless network.
4. Press the [Enter] key on your keyboard.
The password of the WiFi network will appear at Key Content.
How to find your wifi password in Windows 10
1. Right-click on the wireless network icon located in the system tray and then click on Open Network & Internet settings.
2. Scroll down and click on Network and Sharing Center.
You can also open Windows 10 settings > Network & Internet > scroll down and click on Network and Sharing Center.
3. Click on the name of the current Wi-Fi connection.
4. Click on Wireless Properties.
5. Click on the Security tab.
6. Under Network security key, you check the Show characters option.
Windows 10 will now show you the password.