How to Change or Reset Your Facebook Password
Want to change your Facebook password?
Or did forgot your login information, such as password, email address, username or name?
Then you've come to the right place, because this tutorial will show you step by step how to change or reset your Facebook password.
How to Change Your Facebook Password
- Open Facebook.
- Click on the ▼ icon located at the top right and choose "Settings" from the drop-down menu.
- Go to "Password" and click on "Edit".
- At "Current" you enter your current password (the one you used to login now).
- At "New" and "Re-type new" you enter the new password you want to use.
- Click on "Save Changes" to save your new FB password.
Note: when you changed your password, then you also need to log into your account again on your smartphone, tablet and other devices where you use Facebook.
How to Reset Your Facebook Password
If you forgot (can't remember) your password, then you will need to reset it by following the next few steps.
- Go to www.facebook.com (This will bring you to the FB login page).
- Click on the "Forgot your password?" link located just below the "Password" bar.
- Enter your email address, phone number, username or full name.
- If you forgot your email address, phone number, username or full name then follow the tips at the bottom of the page.
- Click on "Search".
- If your account is visible, then click on "This Is My Account" located next to your account.
- If you can't see your account then click on "Back" and follow the tips at the bottom of the page.
- Select the method you want to use to reset your password and click on "Continue". Facebook will only show you part of your email address or phone number.
- If you no longer have access to the email address or phone number that appears, then click on "No longer have access to these?", enter a new email address or phone number and click on "Continue" and Facebook will send you messages about recovering your account.
- Facebook will send you a six-digit confirmation code as an email or text message on your phone. Enter this six-digit confirmation code and click on "Continue".
- Enter your new password at "New Password" and "Confirm Password".
- Facebook will ask you, if you want to log out of any other computers and phones, so that you can log back into your account with your new password. Choose between "Log me out of other devices" or "Keep me logged in".
- Click on "Continue" to save your new password.
What to do when You Forgot Your Facebook Email Address, Name, Username & Phone Number
If you forgot your email address, phone number, username or full name then try the following solutions:
- Ask one of your Facebook friends to open your profile, look at your "About" section and send you the email address listed in the "Contact Information" section.
- Enter every email address or mobile number you've owned (one at a time). You may have added an email address or mobile number to your account and forgotten about it.
- Go to the address bar of your web browser, enter https://www.facebook.com/your-user-name and press enter. If you don't know your username, ask a friend to open your profile and send you the username in the URL.
- Entering variations of your name, just in case you signed up using a nickname.
- If you're asked to enter a friend's name, try a variety of friends if the first friend you try doesn't locate an account. Remember to enter your friend's full name, not just their first name.
Reference(s) and Source(s):