How to Change or Reset Your Facebook Password
Want to change your Facebook password?
Or forgot your login information such as password, email address, username or name?
Then you've come to the right place, because on this page I will show you step by step how to change or reset your Facebook password.
How to Change Facebook Password
1 Open Facebook.
2 Open 'Settings'.
Click on the ▼ icon (top right) and choose 'Settings' from the drop-down menu.
3 Click next to "Password" on "Edit".
4 At "Current" you enter your current password (the one you used to login now).
5 At "New" and "Re-type new" you enter the new password that you want to use.
6 Click on "Save Changes" to save your new FB password.
Note! when you changed your password, then you also need to log into your account again on your smartphone, tablet and other devices where you use Facebook on.
How to Reset Facebook Password
If you forgot and can't remember your password, then you need to reset it.
1 Go to www.facebook.com. This will bring you to the login page.
2 Click below the "Password" bar on the "Forgot your password?" link.
3 Enter your email address, phone number, username or full name.
4 Click on "Search".
If you forgot your email address, phone number, username or full name then follow the tips at the bottom of the page.
5 Click next to your account on "This Is My Account".
If you can't see your account then click on "Back" and follow the tips at the bottom of the page.
6 Select the method that you want to use to reset your password and click on "Continue". Facebook only shows part of your email address or phone number.
If you no longer have access to the email address or phone number that appears, then click on "No longer have access to these?", enter a new email address or phone number and click on "Continue" and Facebook will send you messages about recovering your account.
7 Now Facebook will send you a six-digit confirmation code as a email or text message on your phone.
8 Enter the six-digit confirmation code and click on "Continue".
9 Enter your new password at "New Password" and "Confirm Password".
10 Facebook will ask you, if you want to log out of any other computers and phones, so that you can log back into your account with your new password. You can choose and select "Log me out of other devices" or "Keep me logged in".
11 Click on "Continue" to save your new password.
Forgot Your Facebook Email Address, Name, Username & Phone Number
If you forgot your email address, phone number, username or full name then try to:
- Ask one of your Facebook friends to open your profile, look at your "About" section and send you the email address listed in the "Contact Information" section.
- Enter every email address or mobile number you've owned (one at a time). You may have added an email address or mobile number to your account and forgotten about it.
- Go to the address bar of your web browser, enter https://www.facebook.com/your-user-name and press enter. If you don't know your username, ask a friend to open your profile and send you the username in the URL.
- Entering variations of your name, just in case you signed up using a nickname.
- If you're asked to enter a friend's name, try a variety of friends if the first friend you try doesn't locate an account. Remember to enter your friend's full name, not just their first name.