How to download and save a WhatsApp profile picture on a PC
This tutorial will show you step by step how to download and save a WhatsApp profile picture on a computer (Windows, macOS, and Linux).
Before, you could share or download and save someone's WhatsApp profile picture to your Android phone, Windows Phone, or iPhone, but WhatsApp has removed this option from their app.
But you can still download and save profile pictures of your contacts by using a computer.
How to download and save someone's WhatsApp profile picture
This tutorial works for Microsoft Windows, macOS, and Linux computers.
1. Open your web browser (e.g., Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Safari, etc.).
2. Go to https://web.whatsapp.com (link opens in a new tab).
3. Sign into your account.
To sign into your account, you open the WhatsApp app on your phone, tap on the menu button, tap on WhatsApp Web, and then you point your phone to the sign-in screen to capture the code.
4. Open a chat window with the contact whose profile picture you want to download. You don't have to type anything.
5. Click on your contact's profile photo or name located in the top left corner of the chat window.
Or click on the ⋮ (3-dots) icon located in the top right corner of the chat window and then click on Contact info.
6. Click on your contact's profile picture.
WhatsApp will display the profile photo in full size.
7. Right-click on the profile photo and then click on Save image as (depends on your web browser).
8. Select a location on your computer where you want to save the WhatsApp profile picture.
9. Click on Save.
The WhatsApp profile picture will be saved to your computer.
Maybe you're also interested in:
How to disable WhatsApp blue check marks on an Android phone
How to disable and hide “last seen” status on WhatsApp on an Android phone
How to change a WhatsApp chat background on an Android phone
How to disable “WhatsApp Web is currently active” on a Samsung phone