Disable the touchpad when a mouse is connected in Windows 11
This tutorial will show you step by step how to disable the touchpad of a laptop when a mouse is connected in Windows 11.
1. Right-click on the Start menu button and click on Settings. You can also press the Windows + I keys on your keyboard to open settings.
2. Click on Bluetooth & devices in the left menu.
3. Scroll down and click on Touchpad.
4. Click on Touchpad to view more options.
5. Uncheck the Leave touchpad on when a mouse is connected option.
That's it! Windows 11 will, from now on, automatically disable the touchpad when you connect a mouse to your laptop.
6. You can now close the settings window.
Maybe you're also interested in:
How to disable the touchpad on a laptop when a mouse is plugged in on Windows 10
How to change the mouse pointer size and color in Windows 11
How to turn on Num Lock on a laptop with Windows 10 or 11
How to use ALT codes on a laptop without Num Lock and number pad