How to disable Flipboard Briefing on a Samsung Galaxy (step-by-step)
This tutorial will show you step by step how to completely disable Flipboard Briefing on a Samsung Galaxy that has Android 7 or 8.
This tutorial works for all Samsung Galaxy phones that have Android 7 (Nougat) and Android 8 (Oreo), such as the Samsung Galaxy S6, S6 Edge, S7, S7 Edge, S8, S8 Edge, S8 Plus, Note 8, S9, S9 Plus, Note 9, J3 (+ Pro), J4 (+ Pro), J5 (+ Pro), J6 (+ Pro), J7 (+ Pro), A3, A4, A5, A6, A7, A8, A9, and all other types.
Flipboard Briefing provides a summary of personalized news. You can quickly open it by swiping left on your home screen.
It comes pre-installed on many Samsung Galaxy phones that have Android 7 and 8.
You cannot uninstall Flipboard Briefing, but you can disable it.
How to disable Flipboard Briefing on a Samsung Galaxy
1. Long press (tap and hold) on an empty space on your phone's home screen until you see options appear (e.g., Wallpapers, Themes, Widgets, Home screen settings, etc.).
2. Swipe to the right until you see the “Briefing” panel.
3. Tap on the switch (toggle) button in the top right corner of the “Briefing” panel.
4. Open your phone's settings.
5. Open Apps.
6. Tap on the ⁝ (3 dots) options button in the top right corner of your phone's screen.
7. Tap on Show system apps.
8. Scroll down to Briefing and tap on it.
9. Tap on the Disable button.
10. Tap on Disable to confirm.
Flipboard Briefing is now disabled.
Maybe you're also interested in:
How to turn off device security on a Samsung Galaxy (Android 7, 8 and 9)
How to disable Google Assistant on a Samsung Galaxy (Android 7, 8 and 9)
How to block a phone number on a Samsung Galaxy (Android 7, 8 and 9)