How to copy movies, music, and photos to PlayStation 3 hard drive
This tutorial will show you step by step how to copy videos, movies, music, and photos from a USB flash drive or external hard drive to the hard drive of your PlayStation 3.
How to copy media to the hard drive of your PlayStation 3
1. Connect your USB pen drive or external hard disk to one of the two USB ports at the front of your PS3.
2. Turn on your PlayStation 3.
3. In the main menu of your PS3, you go to:
- Video if you want to copy movies or videos (DIVX, XVID, AVI, MP4, MPEG-4, MKV or H.264).
- Music if you want to copy music (MP3, WMA or WAVE)
- Photo if you want to copy photos (JPG, JPEG, PNG, GIF or BMP).
4. Go to USB Device.
5. Press on the triangle Δ button of your controller on USB Device and choose Display All.
6. Press on the triangle Δ button of your controller on the file or folder and choose Copy.
Your PlayStation 3 will now copy your file or folder from your USB device to the hard disk of your PS3.