How to burn a password protected CD or DVD in Windows 8 and 10
This tutorial will show you step by step how to burn a password protected CD or DVD in Windows 8 and 10.
How to burn an encrypted CD or DVD using Ashampoo Burning Studio
Ashampoo Burning Studio is a program for burning and copying CDs, DVDs and Blu-ray discs.
Another neat feature is that it also allows you to burn a CD or DVD with password protection (also called encryption).
Ashampoo Burning Studio has a user-friendly interface, menu and a step-by-step wizard that will help you achieve your disc-related tasks, easily and quickly.
You can try Ashampoo Burning Studio for free for 30 days.Visit product page
Ashampoo Burning Studio will include an application on your CD or DVD that allows you to easily decrypt and access your files.
To burn an encrypted CD or DVD with Ashampoo Burning Studio, follow the steps below.
1. Insert a blank CD or DVD into the CD/DVD-burner of your PC.
2. Open Ashampoo Burning Studio.
3. Click on Burn Data.
4. Click on New Encrypted Disc.
5. Click on the [+] button located in the top right corner.
A “Add Files and Folders” window will appear.
6. Select the files or folders you want to burn to your CD or DVD with password protection.
7. Click on the Add button located in the bottom right corner of the “Add Files and Folders” window.
Tip: at Free Space on CD or DVD located at the bottom of Ashampoo Burning Studio you can view how much free space you have left on your disc.
8. When you're finished adding files or folders, you click on the Close button located in the bottom right corner of the “Add Files and Folders” window to close the window.
9. If you want to remove a file or folder, you right-click on the file or folder and then click on Remove.
10. At Title located in the top right corner, you can enter a title for your encrypted disc.
11. When you're ready, you click on the Next > button located in the bottom right corner.
12. Enter your desired password in the two password fields.
- Use a strong password. Don't use an easy to guess password. Your password is the weakest link in encryption (password protection).
- Don't forget your password or you won't be able to access and restore your files.
13. Click on the Next > button located in the bottom right corner.
14. Now you will have the following optional write settings:
- Simulate this simulate the recording before burning (this will double the time, use for testing)
- Verify to verify written files and folders after recording (the content of the disc will be compared with the original files)
- Finalize to finalize the CD (after you finalize a disc, you cannot change the disc anymore)
- Disc at once to burn your CD in Disc-At-Once mode (the program will burn your disc in one go, instead of burning each track individually)
- Shut down to shut down your computer when the burning is completed
- Sound after burning to play a sound when the burning is completed
15. In the bottom right corner, at Speed, you can select a burning speed. The maximum speed you can select depends on the capacity of the CD/DVD burner of your PC and the capacity of the CD or DVD.
16. You can also select the number of copies. This option is for people who want to burn more copies of the CD or DVD.
17. When you're ready, you click on the Write CD > or Write DVD > button located in the bottom right corner.
Ashampoo Burning Studio will now burn your CD or DVD with password protection.
To access the data on the encrypted CD or DVD, you open Windows Explorer, double-click on your disc, enter your password, and then click on the OK button.
Maybe you're also interested in:
How to password protect files and folders with encryption
How to password protect a PDF file
How to password protect a document