How to Assign a Ringtone to a Contact on a Nokia & Microsoft Lumia
This tutorial will show you step by step how to assign (allocate) a ringtone to a specific contact on a Nokia or Microsoft Lumia Windows Phone 8, 8.1 and Windows 10 Mobile smartphone.
You can set a default ringtone for all of your contacts and you can also select a different ringing tone for every single person who's in your contacts list.
The advantage of assigning a custom calling tone to someone is that you will hear it when this person is calling you. This way you don't have to look on your phone to know who's calling you.
You probably don't want to enable a different ringtone for every single person who's in your contacts list, because this can be very time consuming, especially when you have a lot of people in your list.
If you don't want to waste a lot of time, then only assign ringtones to a few people who are close to you, like your mom, dad, some friends, girlfriend or boyfriend. This can be done in a few steps and I will show you how.
This method works on all Windows Phone 8, 8.1 and Windows 10 Mobile smartphones, such as the Nokia and Microsoft Lumia 435, 520, 530, 532, 535, 550, 620, 625, 630, 635, 638, 640, 650, 720, 730, 735, 830, 920, 925, 930, 950, 950 XL, 1020, 1320, 1520 and all other types.
How to Set a Ringtone for a Specific Contact on a Nokia & Microsoft Lumia
- Open your contacts list (People).
- Long press on the contact's name until a menu appears.
- Tap on "edit".
- Tap on "ringtone".
- Tap on the ringtone you want to use for this contact.
- On Windows 10 Mobile, you will also need to tap on the save icon located at the bottom.
And now you will hear this ringtone whenever this person calls you.
You May Also Like
- How to Fix Nokia & Microsoft Lumia Does Not Ring or Vibrate with Incoming Phone Calls
- How to Use Mp3 as Ringtone on Windows Phone 8, 8.1 & Windows 10 Mobile
- How to Use Mp3 Songs as Custom Ringtones on a Nokia & Microsoft Lumia
- How to Set Mp3 as a Message Tone on a Nokia & Microsoft Lumia
- How to Set Mp3 as a Ringtone on a Lumia Windows 10 Mobile
- Windows Phone 8 & 8.1
- Windows 10 Mobile